Subject: Issue#35. Attribute timing

I have closed this issue with the following text:

35. Attribute timing

When are attributes chosen (evaluated)? At time of issuance or at policy
evaluation?

The current draft 10 says that the PDP can operate in two modes, and
this is implementation-dependent, although #36 may provide a way for a
PDP to advertise its mode.

Action: Anne to provide proposal for letting a policy state its
requirements for attribute timing (if any). If PDP is unable to meet
those requirements, then the policy evaluates to Indeterminate.

Anne: 18 Jan 2007: My proposal is to include requirements for attribute
timing (if any) in PDP metadata. Since metadata for this is already
included as an item in #36, I am closing this issue.

36. PDP metadata

Should PDP metadata be made available in some form? Currently the
following meta data has been identified: Attribute timing. Top level
combining algorithm.

Action: Bill to provide a proposal (pending the outcome of #12).

Champion: Bill