Subject: Re: [xacml] XACML 2.0 errata and 3.0

What should the identiers for the two relevant data types be in XACML? I
have so many choices here. :-)

In XACML 2.0 OS they are:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xquery-operators-20020816#dayTimeDuration
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xquery-operators-20020816#yearMonthDuration

They were changed in the errata (and the ITU-T version):

urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:data-type:dayTimeDuration
urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:data-type:yearMonthDuration

Based on the current W3C recommendation we could have:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-xpath-functions-20070123/#dt-yearMonthDuration
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-xpath-functions-20070123/#dt-dayTimeDuration

These are resolvable URLs pointing to type definitions.

We could also use a version independent variant:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#dt-yearMonthDuration
http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#dt-dayTimeDuration

These are also resolvable and will point to the latest version of the
document.

(Note the "#dt-" and how that wasn't there in the XACML 2.0 version. We
could create yet another variant by removing it.)

Another interesting twist to it is that the xquery document calls them
xs:yearMonthDuration, so they treat them like they are in the XML Schema
namespace. So, we could perhaps do this as well:

|http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema|#yearMonthDuration
|http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema|#dayTimeDuration

What do people think?

My preference are these:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#dt-yearMonthDuration
http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#dt-dayTimeDuration

Note that this will break the names compared to the 2.0 OS, but I
presume it is ok since the errata was also breaking them.