Subject: RSA 2008

Nag, nag, nag….

I’ve heard positively from BEA and Securent/Cisco and a (?) from Sun Microsystems based on information provided below. Can we all make final decisions by EOB 28 November? We need time to get this ship out of dry dock.

Best,

Dee

From: Dee Schur [mailto:dee.schur@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:55 PM
To: 'XACML TC'; xacml-demo-tech@lists.oasis-open.org; xacml-demo-mktg@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Andrew.Rappaport@ca.com; Anil.Saldhana@redhat.com; atappetla@securent.com; bill@parducci.net; brynn.mow@jerichosystems.com; cforster@au1.ibm.com; CHARLES.J.NORWOOD@saic.com; christine.w.chan@oracle.com; dlin@us.ibm.com; denis.pilipchuk@bea.com; 'dgarrison@bea.com; Dilli.Dorai@Sun.COM; dpilipch@bea.com; dspalding@securent.net; erik@axiomatics.com; gopi.bhavaraju@oracle.com; hlockhar@bea.com; hting@securent.net; kamalendu.biswas@oracle.com; mhondo@us.ibm.com; michael.dufel@jerichosystems.com; prateek.mishra@oracle.com; rzolfonoon@rsasecurity.com; sampo@symlabs.com; sampo@mercnet.pt; Seth.Proctor@Sun.COM; ssarukkai@securent.net; susie@symlabs.com; wlu@bea.com; cyang@redhat.com; Herbert.Mehlhorn@ca.com; llevitan@us.ibm.com; wdettelb@bea.com; william.dettelback@bea.com; drsecure@us.ibm.com; John.Moehrke@med.ge.com; 'Jane Harnad'; 'Scott McGrath'
Subject: [xacml-demo-mktg] RSA 2008

Hello all,

We are having a quiet time now and I hope everyone is about to enjoy a few days off. After much negotiation with RSA, and EXTREMELY limited available space; it appears that I have a viable cost for potential participants.

The only caveat remaining, in terms of expense, is whether or not a bay area vendor can provide uniform monitors for our demonstration – but let’s moves forward regardless. RSA management is very enthusiastic about the Healthcare Demo and they are providing the group with a nice break, in addition to the OASIS membership break, that we are dividing all costs equally.

I was unable to stay within the expense of Catalyst but remember; RSA attracts 3 to 4 times as many attendees, and 5 times the amount of face time with potential customers/partners, etc.

Based on my calculations we are looking at 4.200USD to participate in this event. I truly need a show of hands to understand if I should proceed with all the logistical arrangements. Otherwise, I need to release our space (10x30) next week.

Thanks,

Dee