Subject: Proposed functional enhancement - Optional return of policy idsof policies applicable to request

This is something we talked about a long time ago and I sort of forgot about it. I am now proposing we add it to 3.0. If everybody is ok with the idea, I will propose specific text.

As a feature for administration, debugging, what if processing and user performance improvement I think it would be convenient to be able to ask the PDP to return a list of all the policy Ids of the policies which were found to be applicable during the evaluation of a particular decision. Note that because of optimization, this list might not contain all the policies applicable to the request (if the PDP got the answer w/o evaluating them all). This implies that two different implementations might return different results.

Basically this would require a flag in the request to indicate that the Ids are requested and an element in the response to contain the list. The proposal is to do this in core, not just in the SAML Req/Resp.

Implementation would be optional. However, in order to do reduction, you need to track this anyway.

Hal