Subject: Making progress?

All,

Could we get some more discussion on the open issues on the list so I
could write up a tentative working draft in good time before the next
meeting?

Having long technical discussions on the calls only is very inefficient.
During the call today we spent 50 minutes discussing a single issue, and
we had an almost as long discussion on the same issue last time. It
would be much better if we could have more discussion on the list so we
can make more decisions on the TC calls. Going like this means that we
have many more months before we have a committee draft.

If I can get a rough direction on the following issues, I can edit the
specs for review before the next meeting so we can hopefully approve
them on the next call. Otherwise the whole thing is going to slip into
the holidays and get delayed even more.

- Issue #66: policy combining. Should we fix the combining algorithm
bias and should we extend the indeterminate?

- The small issues in the SAML profile. Can I get feedback on them? Hal
has promised to fix the wording of the returned request in the SAML
XACML Authz response.

- I also propose that we extend the schema so a Rule can contain
obligations in the same way as Policies/PolicySets. This means that we
avoid the need of rewriting rules into policies in some cases.

Best regards,