Subject: Re: [xacml] FW: recommendations regarding xacml.3.0

Hi Jan, and all,

The TC has agreed on a feature freeze on the 3.0 core, although we keep
breaking that all the time. :-)

Personally, I think that these are major changes which I would not like
to pursue in the 3.0 timeframe. I would very much prefer to delay this
to 3.1 or an additional profile to 3.0.

Regarding the attribute selector for the environment, I'm not sure if I
understand you correctly, but if I do, then it's already part of the
current 3.0 draft. In 3.0 all the request elements have the same
functionality and may contain XML in an <Content> element.

Regarding dynamically generated attribute selectors, I am afraid that
it's going to make XACML policies very hard to understand and analyze,
but everything that uses XPath is pretty bad already, so I don't know
what the difference would be.

The multiple resource profile scope sounds like a simple thing to fix.