Subject: Re: [xacml] deprecation

I think that we should not go with any of these for this release, but just note that we plan to deprecate these in next release and that these are still required algorithms for this release along with the new ones

Inactive hide details for Bill Parducci ---01/29/2009 11:17:08 AM---This appears to be what the IETF defines in this area:Bill Parducci ---01/29/2009 11:17:08 AM---This appears to be what the IETF defines in this area:

Bill Parducci <bill@parducci.net>

XACML TC <xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>

01/29/2009 11:17 AM

[xacml] deprecation

This appears to be what the IETF defines in this area:

/*

If a definition is "deprecated" then it simply means that it's no
longer of major importance...and need not be implemented except for
backwards compatibility with older agents that do implement them.  It
also means that at some point in the future those definitions may have
replacements and the old definitions will be made "obsolete".

If it's "obsolete" then it usually means that are new definitions that
replace the old ones and the new ones should be used in any new
implementation (and, if possible, old implementations should be
brought in line with the new definitions).

*/

...my thinking is that whichever way we go we will need to have
explicit definition within our spec that defines those things being
teed up for replacement and those that are no longer valid.