Subject: Re: [xacml] New core and multiple resource profile and hierarchical

I think there are certain basic courtesies that need to be maintained
for discussions on the list. Statements such as "It will not happen" or
"this is not XACML" and so on arent helpful and, are in fact, borderline
rude. XACML is what the technical committee intends it to be, not what
one interactor or the other feels it is.

As I understand it, Rich has pointed out certain issues with the
hierarchical profile (as an aside - i found it essentially unreadable as
it stands). Now, Rich may be pointing out issues that lie on the
boundaries of the profile. It is possible that some of the comments
should be directed to a pragmatic or best practices document.

Often, when experienced security architects bring up substantive issues,
these issues may end up being a blend of theory and practice. So it
would be a good idea to understand his proposals systematically, versus
making announcements about exactly what XACML is or not, or that there
is "no problem".

- prateek