Subject: Re: FW: [xacml] Groups - Export Control - U.S. (EC-US)

Martin,

Maybe I don't understand this, but do you suggest that there is some
other attribute such as
urn:oasis:....:country-code-variant="three-letters" in the request? And
then the actual country codes are as specified by this attribute.

That would mean that a policy has to handle both variants of country
codes and check the value of this country-code-variant attribute. The
policies would be more complex because of this, so I don't think this
would be a good idea.

Or do you mean that there are two country code attributes:
urn:oasis:...:3-letter-nationality and
urn:oasis:...:2-letter-nationality and that both have to be present in a
request? with this approach policies would be simple, but the request
would be unnecessary large and implementers still need to get hold of
the 3 letter spec which costs money.

I don't know about the country code schemes, but I think we should
choose the set of codes which is most accurate and if possible, the most
general in the sense that all the other codes can be mapped to it.

Will the country codes be used in policies to permit access or to deny
access? It would matter if mapping from other code tables is not
entirely accurate.

BTW, how much does the 3-letter spec cost?

Best regards,
Erik