Subject: The X500 match function

All,

The proposed text below for the x500 match function from the last
meeting minutes reverses the behaviour of the two arguments compared to
the current specification. And I am not sure I like the term "root of
the subtree". A root is typically a single node, not a sequence of
nodes, as in this case.

BTW, I have doubts about making any change to this definition. I think
the current definition is quite clear, and if we change it, somebody may
think that we have changed the behaviour. But if we think it needs
clarification, then I propose this instead:

   "urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:x500Name-match
    This function shall take two arguments of
    'urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:data-type:x500Name'
    and shall return an 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#boolean'. It
    SHALL return “True” if and only if the subtree specified by the
    first argument matches, beginning at the root, the subtree specified
by the
    second argument, when compared using x500Name-equal and the length
    of the second subtree is larger than or equal to the length of the
    first subtree."

BTW, there is something wrong going on here. The function name is
"...:xacml:1.0:...", but the data type of its arguments is
"...:xacml:2.0:...". It's like that in the 2.0 spec as well. Does anyone
know what's going on here?

Best regards,
Erik