Subject: RE: [xacml] Paul's xpath proposal

Erik,

I revised the wiki page to correct the example, and to show native xpath
replacements for all XACML xpath-* functions.  These are correct in
theory, but I don't have a testbed to test them.

I was not aware that AttributeSelector specified the use of an xpath
constructor function for its return value, so I was expecting "effective
boolean value".  As you said in your latest, the problem is easily fixed
by casting within xpath.  This is only a minor problem for people (like
me) who are accustomed to XSLT's "Principle of least surprise" approach.

As far as I can tell (without testing), the only syntax difference for
Xpath 1.0 is in the node equality test.  This is noted in the wiki page.

Regards,
--Paul

<snip>