Subject: Re: [xacml] wd15 core spec comments

Thanks Paul for the effort.

I have edited in your proposed changes for the next working draft, with
a few exceptions, see inline.

On 2009-12-23 17:03, Tyson, Paul H wrote:
> Section 1.3
>
> 	* Correct namespace reference (refers to wd-13)
>
> Section 1.4
>
> 	* [LDAP-1] reference and hyperlink should point to
> "...rfc2256.txt" (now "...rfc2798.txt")
>
> 	* [MathML] remove or update date in citation because date of
> hyperlinked document is 21 October 2003.

I also updated the hyperlink to the version specific URL. (In general we
use the version specific URL since the latest version URL will change in
the future to point to an updated spec.)

> 	* [RBAC] hyperlink does not lead to link to referenced paper.
> NIST RBAC site is now
> http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/SNS/rbac/standards.html, but I didn't find
> Ferraiolo&  Kuhn paper there.

Since the paper cannot found there, I removed the link. The reference
itself should be sufficient to locate the proceedings of the particular
academic conference where you will find the paper.

> 	* [RegEx] schema primer is now at 2nd edition, dated 28 October
> 2004.

This reference is not used anywhere in the document, so I removed it
entirely.

> 	* [XACMLv1.0] and [XACMLv1.1] hyperlinks lead to members-only
> links on oasis site.  Is that intended?
>
> Section 2.3
>
> 	* Next-to-last paragraph: change "behaviour" to "behavior".
>
> Section 3.3.2
>
> 	* Delete 3.3.2.1 and 3.3.2.3 (these are duplicated in 3.3.2.5
> and 3.3.2.6).  Remaining 3.3.2 subsections will be renumbered.  Change
> title of current 3.3.2.5 from "Obligation expressions" to "Obligations".

These sections were misplaced. They talk about the rule, so I moved them
to the right place. They become 3.3.1.4 and 3.3.1.5.

> Section 3.3.3.2
>
> 	* In first sentence, change "obligations expressions" to
> "obligation expressions".
>
> Section 5.30
>
> 	I suggest moving most of this material to section 7.3, Attribute
> Evaluation.  I will post proposed rewrites to sections 5.30 and 7.3 in a
> separate email.

I will comment on this in a separate email. (I haven't processed it yet.)

> Section 5.42
>
> 	* 2nd paragraph: "...if the PDP implements multiple resources
> profile..." should be "...multiple decision request profile..."

The profile is called just "Multiple Decision Profile", so I used that,
not "... request ..."

> 	* 2nd paragraph: Delete last two sentences, starting with "Each
> child element...".  These add nothing to the discussion of the<Request>
> element.
>
> Section 7.17
>
> 	* 1st paragraph: change "behaviour" to "behavior".
>
> Section B.4
>
> 	* 3rd paragraph: missing reference at end of last sentence.

I removed the last sentence entirely. There is no such thing as a
default data type for the subject-id attribute. The data type is always
indicated with the Datatype attribute of the <AttributeValue> element.