Subject: Re: [xacml] review of the XACML 3.0 core draft 15

Hi Jan,

Here is a list of all your comments and what I did about them:

Comment j1: I added a link to XACML 2.0.

Comment j2: this is just a non-normative example in the introduction. We don’t need to make normative references here.

Comment j3: I don’t want to add any more combining algorithms at this stage, especially when no user has requested one.

Comment j4: this is just a non-normative example of one way to do it. We don’t need to expand it to cover all conceivable ways of achieving the same effect.

Comment j5: I agree that this statement has unclear meaning. It is not needed, so I am removing it.

Comment j6: I have added the patient email and the current time to the request.

Comment j7: I have kept it as “false”. Since it is a single decision request, the PEP will know that the answer applies to the resource it sent in the request.

Comment j8: Yes, we should use the new content-selector instead of the resource-id. I have updated this.

Comment j9: Yes, we could do that, but I am keeping the example as it is, which also works.

Comment j10: Yes, I will do so.

Comment j11: I did not add a note since this is just an example in the introduction, where we don’t need to make all normative specifications.

Comment j12: See comment 9.

Comment j13: Yes, I have changed it to content-selector.

Comment j14: I think the text is better as it is, so I am not adding the quotes.

Comment j15: I am keeping the text as it is since this is an example of just one way to do things.

Comment j16: Yes, I have added it.

Comment j17: Yes, I agree. “True” makes more sense for an obligation.

Comment j18: I think the text is ok as it is, so I did not change it.

Comment j19: If we would do that, the core schema would need to have lots of extension points in it all over the place. We chose to put the stuff needed by the current profiles directly in the schema. I am not changing that at this stage.

Comment j20: I updated the text as you proposed.

Comment j21: No, this should not be deleted. This is what defines how the construction is done.

Comment j22: I am keeping it as it is, as I think we agreed on the call last week.

Comment j23: ??

Comment j24: It means that the namespace prefixes valid at this element are used to resolve prefixes in the xpath expression.

Comment j25: It could be optional, but we want to avoid schema defaults, so it seems cleaner to have it mandatory, rather than optional.

Comment j26: I agree. I changed it to “The <Content> element has exactly one arbitrary type child element.”

Comment j27: I removed this text altogether since I don’t see why we should specifically point to the resource, in favor of subject, action, etc, which also influence the result.

Comment j28: ??

Comment j29: Well, maybe, but it’s too late to do that now in the 3.0 scope, so I am making no changes.

Comment j30: Yes, I agree. I don’t think that an attribute selector must be restricted to leaf nodes, so I am deleting “leaf”.

Comment j31: yes, I agree and I am making this change.

Comment j32: yes, the paragraph cross reference was wrong. I did not change the text otherwise though.

Comment j33: I am keeping the conformance clauses as they are since there has not been any decision to change the. I would prefer to keep them as they are, rather than to delay this any further.

Comment j34: The resource-id is still there, so I am not changing this. Content-selector is defined in the hierarchical profile.

Comment j35: I added the target-namespace identifier to the conformance section as “O”.

Comment j36: No change is required. This behavior is already defined by the way the stand alone XML data structure is constructed.

Comment j37: I am keeping this order. It works as well.

Comment j38: see j34

Comment j39: ??

See some other comments inline: