Subject: Re: [xacml] 30-day public review request - schema?

Mary,

As Hal explained to me, and I see the  logic in it, it is OASIS TC
practice to not change the schema identifier as the spec proceeds
through the votes. You can see many other OASIS standards which also
have "wd" ("working draft") in their final approved namespace. WD-17 was
the version which was voted to CD-3.

There are at least three reasons why this makes sense:

1. Changing the namespace has no technical benefit to it.

2. Changing the namespace introduces the risk of errors creeping in
after review.

3. The TC process does not allow us to change anything but the front
matter anyway.

4. Changing it would cause technical issues since implementations would
need to be prepared to operate with multiple namespaces since early
adopters might be using the spec before final OASIS vote (which is a
good thing since it provides early assurance of that the spec is right)

Best regards,
Erik