Subject: Re: [xacml] Draft BTG Profile

On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 17:57 +0000, David Chadwick wrote:
> I dont see the difference between standardising a status code in a
> profile and standardising an Advice in a profile, except for one thing

There is another:

To standardize an Advice Id you don't need to change the core XACML
standard. To standardize a new status code you need to change the
standard.

> Advice is not available to XACMLv2 implementations

Since your approach necessitates a change in core standard, backwards
compatibility is gone either way, so I don't see a big drawback with
using v3 specific stuff (and not changing the core v3 standard).

/Ludwig

--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD             |   Axiomatics AB
Training & Development        |   Skeppsbron 40

This is a digitally signed message part