Subject: Re: [xacml] Draft BTG Profile

Hi Martin

On 29/11/2010 18:00, Smith, Martin wrote:
> David, all--
>
> Why not model "BTG=yes" as an environmental variable, which is
> maintained as a resource (i.e., database) with appropriate access
> control (like "anyone in the hospital" or "a designated fire marshall or
> alternate") on updating it?

this is what we already do.

> This would toss the whole thing outside XACML,

exactly. This is where we are today. As my earlier post stated we would
like to standardise this in order to provide portability and ease of
implementation for applications.

regards

David

  and make it just one of a
> very large set of specific scenarios in which the PDP has to query an
> external (environmental) state (like "currentThreatLevel") maintained
> somewhere "in the cloud."
>
> Martin
>

> Martin F. Smith
> Director, National Security Systems
> US Department of Homeland Security
> NAC 19-204-47
> (202) 447-3743 desk
> (202) 441-9731 mobile
> (800) 417-6930 page

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
School of Computing, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184