Subject: Re: [xacml] test cases

Hi Bill,

That sounds like a sensible intention for the structure. It would probably
be useful if a brief note to this effect, could be put in some obvious place
at the top of the tree, maybe in a readme directory, possibly along with
some brief instructions, maybe just a link, on where to get info on how
to use svn to manage this structure. Possibly only some placeholder
instructions, so that anyone who is able to take the time to plunge
into it could add new and useful things. For example, at minimum,
just indicate that you did the following to create the readme directory
and add the readme file to it. :) i.e. I am only asking that you do the
briefest possible thing, such that the next person knows the state
where things were left and some hints as to how to proceed.

And if you don't have time, maybe someone else could volunteer
and just ask you enough questions so that they could do the simple
intro I suggested above.

    Thanks,
    Rich

Bill Parducci wrote:
C8EA693C-0D87-43A2-9D70-106B2765190B@parducci.net" type="cite">
That was the original intent in the svn repo. It was setup using tags for each version initially:

xacml
  /current
    ConformanceTests.html
    schemas
    tests
  /tags
    /XACML-v1.0
      ConformanceTests.html
      schemas
      tests

I believe "current" is the v1.1 tests. These should be tagged and the v2 tests loaded, etc.

Of course, any of this can be modified to work differently (e.g. branching) or use a different technology altogether (git?), it is just that subversion is what Oasis had available at the time.