Subject: XACML 3.0 Wins European Identity Award 2011

As some of you may have heard, last Thursday XACML 3.0 received a European Identity Award as the most influential standardization effort in the last year. I accepted the award on behalf of the XACML TC at the European Identity Conference in Munich. Pictures of the award and accompanying certificate are attached to this email and have been uploaded to the TC files repository.

In addition to getting an award, XACML was featured in two other awards: WSO2 for providing a multi-tenant Identity as a Cloud Service with OpenID and XACML support and the State of California for a service which manages authentication and authorization centrally for the Tax Service and a large number of applications, based on a central entitlement management system and XACML 3.0. It was a little like a sweep at the Oscars.

My plan is to bring the award to the F2F in June so that those who attend can see it. After that I will hand it over to OASIS for them to hold and display on behalf of the TC.

My congratulations to everyone involved.

Hal

XACML 3.0 European Identity Award2011.jpg

XACML 3.0 EIA 2001 -Certificate.jpg