Subject: Re: [xacml] OASIS namespace documents

If the TC would like to use HTTP scheme URIs as identifiers for XML
namespace names, we will assist in the creation and maintenance
of a namespace document -- such that the dereferenced URIs
will resolve under DNS and HTTP to fetch the namespace document.

Where, of course, the namespace document documents the namespace.

See examples below.

In a recent discussion with the TAB, we decided to adopt the
pattern you see below for BIAS and Genericode (rather than
the pattern used by the ICOM TC): that is:  /tc-shortName/ns/[...]
( not /ns/tc-shortName/[...]  ).

Just let me know if you would like to pursue this in connection
with one or more of your Work Products.  URN-based names
are still allowed, but without resolution support, we're not able
to use namespace documents in any obvious way.

Examples:

Biometric Identity Assurance Services (BIAS) SOAP Profile Version 1.0
http://docs.oasis-open.org/bias/soap-profile/v1.0/csprd03/biasprofile-v1.0-csprd03.html
Declared XML namespaces:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/bias/ns/bias-1.0/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/bias/ns/biaspatronformat-1.0/

Code List Representation (Genericode) Version 1.0
(2007)
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.html
Declared XML Namespace(s):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/1.0/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/rule/1.0/

Integrated Collaboration Object Model (ICOM) for Interoperable Collaboration Services Version 1.0
http://docs.oasis-open.org/icom/icom-ics/v1.0/csprd01/icom-ics-v1.0-csprd01.html
Declared XML Namespace(s):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/core/201008
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/accesscontrol/201008