Subject: Registration of XACML Media Type(s) with IANA

Hello Ray.  I noted the  XACML TC's submission request for a
template to create a Standards Track specification related to an
anticipated registration application to IANA on media/mime
types.

It's been customary for a few years to have TC Administration
handle IANA registrations (ports, media/mime types, relationTypes,
etc) rather than having the TC handle the actual registrations.
Part of that is to ensure coordination and to provide for a
permanent contact of record that's based upon email on the
oasis-open.org Internet Domain.

I've been assigned to help with IANA registrations on behalf
of Staff, and want to stay in the loop as discussions and
spec development progress in the XACML TC.

Perhaps you could alert me if you think any XACML TC meeting
will especially focus on issues relating to the IANA
registration process.

I have opened a JIRA ticket to help track with the progress
of spec development and other plans.  Please let me know if
something significant has happened that escaped my notice
(evidenced by absence of any comment in the JIRA ticket):

"Register XACML Media Type with IANA"
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-844

Cheers,

- Robin