Subject: Re: [xacml] Standard combining algorithms

Ray,

This is the introduction which is good for people new to the spec. I would say that let's keep the list there, but say that these are a few examples. That way we still keep the introduction easier to follow for new people, but we don't have to update this section each time a new algorithm is introduced in the future. I'll draft up some text for the next working draft.

Best regards,
Erik

On 2012-02-24 09:53, remon.sinnema@emc.com wrote:
All,

Section 2.3 of the core 3.0 spec reads:

297 Standard combining algorithms are defined for:
298  Deny-overrides (Ordered and Unordered),
299  Permit-overrides (Ordered and Unordered),
300  First-applicable and
301  Only-one-applicable.

This list doesn't include the combining algorithms that were introduced in 3.0, permit-unless-deny and deny-unless-permit. I wonder if we would be better off by referring to Appendix C instead of enumerating the combining algorithms here?

Thanks,
Ray