Subject: Re: [xacml] Groups - xacml-3.0-core-spec-wd-23-en.zip uploaded

[Hal wrote]
I am not sure if we can legally approve the doc without actually making the changes before the vote

Hal, your memory is accurate: ballot approval motions are supposed to
be made with reference to specifications that actually/tangibly exist,
and which are available for review before the motion to approve is made.

Here's one text explaining the rule, from the TC Handbook

http://docs.oasis-open.org/TChandbook/Reference/CommitteeSpecDrafts.html#wd

"The motion to approve a WD at CSD level must include
the Working Draft identifier for a resource which has
been published at the time of the motion, including:
title, publication date, and URI. For the Working
Draft URI, please provide a link to a ZIP file
containing all of the necessary resources, including
the editable source of the Working Draft and any
related resources such as namespace document drafts,
XML schema files, XML instances, and all files that
are part of the Work Product."

And more prosaic:

"May a TC approve an imaginary/nonexistent WD as CSD/CND?"
 (no....)
Details: Memo sent to Members and Chairs [1]
  OASIS TC Process: Reminders, Clarifications, Updates
  22 Mar 2011 00:52:44 -0000
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/chairs/201103/msg00002.html
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tcmembers/201103/msg00000.html

#2 May a TC approve an imaginary/nonexistent WD as CSD/CND?

The occasional allowance made by TC Admin in the past for
approval of a Working Draft "subject to certain changes..."
is being discontinued, primarily for resourcing reasons.
TC Admin does not have time to verify that ONLY certain
kinds/classes of changes, or changes consistent with a
certain stated goal, or ONLY certain enumerated changes,
have actually been made in a Working Draft that's approved
for CD.  This practice is judged procedurally suspect, and has
created numerous problems due to ambiguity, demonstrable
lack of adherence to limited specified changes, and other
consequences.

Until further notice, motions to approve a WD as CSD/CND
must be made with reference to an existing, published
Working Draft release -- one that actually exists at the
date/time of the motion, as clarified in the TC Handbook.