Subject: [Fwd: ODRL Policy Language - RDF/OWL Representation]

I was not aware of ODRL until now. It raises the question (to me, at
least) why would a community develop a new policy language when it
appears XACML could handle most if not all of their needs? Is it lack of
awareness (in the community) or lack of functionality (in XACML)? (I did
not find "xacml" mentioned in their public mailing lists, so perhaps it
is the former.) And should this TC address either issue?

Also, perhaps there is something to be learned from ODRL about
web-friendliness, and from their upcoming RDF/OWL initiative.

Regards,
--Paul
--- Begin Message ---
Dear all…today the Final Specifications for the ODRL Version 2.0 Policy Language were released by the W3C ODRL Community Group [1].

These specs included a Model [2], Common Vocabulary [3], and XML Encoding [4].

The W3C ODRL Community Group is now planning to develop an RDF/OWL representation of the model (and appropriate encodings) to fulfil its mission of meeting the needs of the semantic web community. For example, the RightsML [5] area is where suitable use cases can be used as RighstsML is a Profile of ODRL Version 2.0.

We are looking for volunteers to lead/join this effort and work with the W3C ODRL Community Group in developing these outputs.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
Mobile: +61 4 1313 2206