Subject: Metadata Profile (was RE: [xacml] REST Profile - PAP Issues)

> > The Policy Combining Algorithm for this virtual Policy Set is a
> > PDP-wide parameter which can be advertized via Metadata (once we do
> > the Metadata Profile).
>
> I'm getting more and more interested in completing the Metadata
> Profile. What's the current status?

Erik did a partial draft and scheme which can be found here:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/27316/xacml-3.0-metadata-v1-wd-01.zip

Nobody has worked on it since 2008.

If you are interested in working on it, you might take a quick look at the SAML 2.0 Metadata Profile: http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/v2.0/saml-metadata-2.0-os.pdf

The XACML one is intended to have a similar scope. That is, it will define symbols and their semantics, but remain silent on how Metadata is published or otherwise communicated, as long as the method provides at a minimum Authentication of the Metadata Producer and integrity protection of the contents.

Hal