Subject: XACML & JSON - progress and ideas

Dear all,

I won't be able to make it on tomorrow's call.

A quick update on my end.

In order to simplify things in the JSON profile, I don't think the structural format of the JSON request should respect that of the XACML XML request so long as the semantics are kept.

For instance the AttributeValue inside an Attribute is a bit awkward. I would rather have a single Attribute with the datatype defined there rather than inside an attribute value. There is no loss of information.

Also, I think we should define a _javascript_ to XACML datatype mapping. In previous posts on the list, I said that the default datatype should be string. well, actually the default datatype should be the one used in _javascript_ in the JSON notation when detection is possible.

Example

Attribute
{
"id" : "blah"
"value" : 35
}

is obviously a numerical type - assume integer. This could always be overridden by a datatype attribute.

Thoughts?