Subject: Public review feedback on core

All,

I have collected the feedback we have received from the public review of the core spec.

Below are the items which I have found. Please let me know if I have missed anything. Note also that only one item is strictly in scope of the review.

My personal proposal is that we don't make any changes to the core and we can vote it up.

Best regards,
Erik

- TC Admin feedback

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201205/msg00098.html

A couple of cross references could be updated to higher status work items. Also there are some minor formatting issues with normative references.

I can make all these changes if we are allowed to. I thought we were not allowed to change anything except the front matter and designated cross references, which we don't have any at this stage since I don't think we have voted for them. If someone advices me on the process, I can make the changes. Otherwise we can proceed.

- Feedback from TSCP

Not strictly in scope of changes under public review.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201206/msg00022.html

There was a discussion following the proposed agenda for one of the meetings:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201206/msg00037.html

I believe that the proposals are withdrawn in this thread and turned into a discussion of tooling to support the use cases instead of changes in the spec. So there are no changes required.

- Delegated prefix

Not in scope of the public review since the delegation profile was not out in public review.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-comment/201205/msg00000.html

My personal suggestion is that we accept the restriction that a category name has to be a URN. URNs are available from IANA if needed and it's going to be rare that anyone defines their own category anyway.

- Mixed content i XACML schema for <Content> element

Not in scope of the changes under public review.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-comment/201205/msg00001.html

My personal suggestion is that we do not change the schema at this stage. True, some XACML requests which are schema valid could not be processed by the PDP, but that is not a show stopper for successful use of the current schema.

- Minor editorial issues

Not in scope of the changes under public review.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-comment/201205/msg00002.html

These are minor typos. I suggest that we don't fix them at this stage.

- XPath category during reduction

Not in scope of the public review since the delegation profile was not out in public review.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-comment/201205/msg00004.html

This is a real issue which prevents using of XPath features in combination with the administrative profile. We should probably make a revised version of the administrative profile.

- Namespaces and XPath processing

Not in scope of the changes under public review.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-comment/201205/msg00003.html

A leftover from an older working draft. This has no significance today since we introduced a stronger isolation in the form of a stand alone document for XPath processing. The section should ideally be removed, but I don't think it is important enough at this stage to justify dropping back to WD. It has no implication in any case as the XPath processing has been defined currently.