Subject: AW: [xacml] Current state of XACML profiles

Hi Eric, all
What is the status of the XACML IP profile? In the 17 May version I found two minor bugs in the example. The XACML adr presented in section 4.1.1, page 18/19 needs to be extended by an <Attributes> element of category environment containing the current-dateTime attribute. Further line 418 needs to be deleted.
Best regards
Jan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xacml@lists.oasis-open.org] Im Auftrag von Erik Rissanen
Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2012 14:53
An: xacml
Betreff: [xacml] Current state of XACML profiles

All,

I did a review of what the current state is of each of the XACML
profiles which I have been editing. See below. Let me know if I missed
something.

Best regards,
Erik

* XACML 3.0 Additional Combining Algorithms Profile Version 1.0

Voted to CSD and public review here:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201207/msg00030.html

I have submitted it to TC Admin for CSD document creation.

The next step is to request 30 day public review from TC Admin when the
CSD has been created.

* XACML v3.0 Administration and Delegation Profile Version 1.0
* XACML v3.0 XML Digital Signature Profile Version 1.0
* XACML v3.0 Privacy Policy Profile Version 1.0
* XACML v3.0 Hierarchical Resource Profile Version 1.0
* XACML v3.0 Multiple Decision Profile Version 1.0

These all appear to be at the committee specification stage. See the
links on the XACML TC front page. I did not find any later edits to them.

The next step is to wait for statements of use on them.

* SAML 2.0 Profile of XACML, Version 2.0

The history of the current state of this one is a bit messy.

There was a CSD 04, which was publicly reviewed:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201110/msg00009.html

Comments from the public review are summarized here:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201111/msg00004.html

One of the comments was that the namespace URIs in the document have the
wrong version. What has happened is that when WD-15, which is the basis
for the CSD-04, was produced, the schema file names and namespaces were
bumped up to wd 15 needlessly. There was no required change to the
schema files in that edition, so they should have been left as they were
in WD-14. And the WD-15 schema files are syntactically broken BTW
because a "-15" has been added in the wrong place in the files. I now
remember discussing this whole thing with Bill off line back then, but
it appears that I did not have the cycles right then to do anything, so
I forgot about it.

The next step is for me to post a WD-16 which uses the correct WD-14
schema files, which we will then have to vote to CSD and PR. I will also
fix the formatting issues which Chet commented on.

* XACML v3.0 Core and Hierarchical Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
Profile Version 1.0

There was a CSD 04 which was publicly reviewed:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201110/msg00005.html

The public review comments summary is here:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201111/msg00004.html

The issues are one formatting issue in an OASIS reference and two
non-normative references which have dead/incorrect links (NIST has
changed their web site).

The next step is either to drop back to WD and fix above issues, which
we do not need to do according to Chet, or we vote it up to CS.