Subject: Re: [xacml] Question on the ballot request for XACML 3.0

Erik,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the way TC process handles publication
changed in fall of 2010, before I joined OASIS. Now TC Admin simply
takes the doc file and the associated schemas and such and TC Admin
adds the new cover pages, creates the PDF and the HTML and, for
subsequent reviews, the red-lined DIFF file. All the TC needs to
provide is the latest draft.

I also just noticed that this is Committee Specification Draft 06 /
Public Review Draft 04.

So the question to you all is this: is the current csprd04 that went
out with your last public review
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/3.0/xacml-3.0-core-spec-csprd04-en.doc)
the correct content? In other words, you haven't changed anything
other than the cover pages...

If it is the correct content, then I will start the ballot and
reference that csprd as the version the TC is approving for CS. Then,
once the ballot closes, I will use that version to create the new
Committee Specification.

Based on what you wrote, I don't think you need to re-approve. I don't
want to make the TC do extra work if we already have the right content
in hand.

Best,

/chet

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 4:28 AM, Erik Rissanen <erik@axiomatics.com> wrote:
> [...]
> - I uploaded a CD-06 (mistake)
> - TC Admin uploaded CSD-06 and CSPRD04
> - Public review completes
> - We vote the wrong copy to CS and Bill requests CS on the wrong copy
>
> I suggest that we redo the CS vote on the next call or that you set up a
> ballot. Not sure which is quicker.
>
> BTW, the same thing happened with the combining algorithms profile.
>
> These two documents in the archive are bogus, and should probably be removed
> to avoid confusion in the future.
>
> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/document.php?document_id=45800
> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/document.php?document_id=46279
>
> Best regards,
> Erik
>

> On 2012-08-01 03:13, Chet Ensign wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> I started work on the ticket for the ballot to approve XACML 3.0 as a
>> Committee Specification
>> (https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-1003) but ran into
>> a problem: the document listed in the ticket is not the document that
>> went through the last public review. There are two ways we can resolve
>> this - you all just let me know which you prefer.
>>
>> The last public review was in May and was for -csprd04 (see
>> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201205/msg00015.html).
>> The ticket however references -cd-06
>>
>> (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/45800/xacml-3.0-core-spec-cd-06-en.zip
>> ). That means something has changed since the last public review so I
>> can't set up a ballot for that file.
>>
>> Here are the two approaches we can take:
>>
>> 1. I start the ballot for the last public review draft
>> (http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/3.0/xacml-3.0-core-spec-csprd04-en.doc)
>> and once the ballot is closed, use it to produce the Committee
>> Specification. Or...
>>
>> 2. The TC wants to approve the draft even though changes have been
>> made since the last public review - this is in line with the new TC
>> Process just announced and effective tomorrow. To do that means the TC
>> asserts that the changes made were non-material. The draft will have
>> to be approved again following the revised requirements in the TC
>> Process. I will walk you through the steps for handling this situation
>> that way.
>>
>> Whichever way you all want to go - #1 or #2 - is fine with me, just
>> let me know. If it will help, I will be happy to get on the phone with
>> you and walk through the options and the steps going forward. Just let
>> me know.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> /chet
>> ----------------
>> Chet Ensign
>> Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
>> OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
>> http://www.oasis-open.org
>>
>> Primary: +1 973-996-2298
>> Mobile: +1 201-341-1393
>>
>> TC Administration information and support is available at

/chet
Chet Ensign