Subject: XPath support in the JSON profile

Hi,

Although the JSON profile does support the XPath features of XACML, I just wanted to point out that it will not be trivial and that any scenario involving XPath should probably use the "normal" XML representation of a XACML request/response.

As an example, Erik pointed out that I would struggle to serialize the datatype values of type urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:3.0:data-type:xpathExpression into a string because of the namespace definitions.

Also, in section 5.2.4, I escape XML content making it quite unreadable. That's definitely not user-friendly which tends to make me think this profile is not for use cases with XML content.

David.
--
David Brossard, M.Eng, SCEA, CSTP
Product Manager