Subject: A couple of quick comments on the obligation profile

Hi,

Here are some quick comments on the obligation profile. I haven't read it all in detail yet though.

Steven already provided many good points.

- The XACML 2.0 examples are not valid according to the XACML 2.0 schema. You cannot use dynamic obligation content like this in 2.0:

<AttributeAssignment AttributeId="[HOP]:hl7:record-id" DataType="[XML]#String"> <ResourceAttributeDesignator AttributeId="[XACML1]:resource:resource-id" DataType="[XML]#string" />
    </AttributeAssignment>

I would suggest you target the profile for 3.0 rather than trying to retrofit this on 2.0 PDPs.

- There should be discussion on error conditions because it's possible to define inconsistent obligations, like A must go before B and B must go before A.

Best regards,