Subject: RE: Target definition

Sounds reasonable.  Keep the rules/policies as passive documents and attribute action to the PDP.

Danny Thorpe

Authorization Architect

Dell | Identity & Access Management, Quest Software

Quest Software is now part of Dell.

From: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xacml@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Tolbert, John W
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 10:48 AM
To: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xacml] Target definition

On the last call, I said that it was too soon to start working on 4.0.  I am holding to that, but have a suggested change for the definition for “target” when the time is right.

3.0--

Target

The set of decision requests, identified by definitions for resource, subject and action that a rule, policy, or policy set is intended to evaluate

Proposed--

Target

The set of decision requests, identified by definitions for resource, subject and action that a PDP is intended to evaluate according to the applicable rule, policy, or policy set

Thoughts?