Subject: Re: [xacml] IP Address comparisons

On Oct 1, 2013, at 7:51 AM, Hal Lockhart <hal.lockhart@oracle.com> wrote:

It is less clear to me whether *.mail.example.com matches mail.example.com. I believe the answer is no.

Anecdotally, SSL certificates support wildcard matches. A "*" cert for xacml.org matches "www.xacml.org" and "xacml.org", but it will NOT match "foo.www.xacml.org". The wildcard _expression_ only supports a single subdomain level (and the root for which it is generated).

I suggest that we consider following this model for the sake of consistency (even though from a regex perspective it is kinda nutty).