Subject: Annual Meeting TIme Shift

The US will shift to Daylight Savings Time (DST) next Sunday. Because the TC has members in various parts of the world, include northern and southern hemispheres there is no one meeting time which works adequately at all times of the year.

Last year the TC conducted a poll on what time to hold TC meetings between March and November. We asked everyone which time they would be least likely to attend:

(all times ET) 9:00 AM (0900), 4:30 PM (1630), 5:00 PM (1700) and 11:00 PM (2300).

Nobody voted against 4:30 PM (5:00 PM got 1 vote) so that was the choice.

There are various choices the TC can make this year. It would be nice to settle the issue on the call Thursday, but we can conduct further polling if members sdesire. The options as I see it are:

Go with 4:30 PM.
Redo the same poll.
Do a new poll with new times and/or a new structure, such as vote for all the ones you don't want, vote for the one(s) you do want, etc.

For those not in the eastern timezone, this calculator is available (among others).

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Hal