Subject: Minutes for 6 March TC Meeting

** Note time change: starting next mtg:
 4:30 EDT mar 20, 2014 (GMT -0400)

Minutes for 6 March TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
  Voting Members
   Richard Hill
   Mohammad Jafari
   Steven Legg
   Rich Levinson
   Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
   Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)
   Erik Rissanen
   Remon Sinnema
   John Tolbert

  Members
   David Brossard

  Quorum was achieved.

  Approve Minutes:
   20 February 2014 TC Meeting
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201402/msg00016.html

   hal: link above points to corrected version
        minutes approved, no objections heard

II. Administrivia

  MAP Profile WD5 uploaded
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201402/msg00017.html

  XACML MAP Authorization Profile Version 1.0 - Approve a Committee Specification Draft
   R Hill: I move that the TC approve "XACML MAP Authorization Profile Version 1.0,
           Working Draft 05, 23 February 2014" and all associated artifacts packaged together in
           https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/52296/xacml-3.0-map-authz-v1.0-wd05.doc
           as a Committee Specification Draft and designate the .doc version of the
           specification as authoritative and to be published to the repository.
   Ray: second
   VOTE: APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY
   ACTION ITEM: Bill to submit requests to Oasis

   R Hill: I move to approve the Chair requesting that TC Administration hold a
           Special Majority Vote to approve  "XACML MAP Authorization Profile Version 1.0,
           Working Draft 05, 23 February 2014" contained in
           https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/52296/xacml-3.0-map-authz-v1.0-wd05.doc
           as a Committee Specification. I further move that the TC affirm that
           changes have been made since the last public review, that the changes
           made are documented in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201403/msg00000.html
           and that the TC judges these changes to be Non-Material in accordance
           with the definition in the OASIS TC Process
           (http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dNonmaterialChange).
   John: second
   VOTE: APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY
   ACTION ITEM: Bill to submit requests to Oasis

  Meeting time for March-November
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201403/msg00001.html

   hal: next mtg is after ET goes to EDT: should we go to 4:30 time again?
	sounds good

	meed motion that mar 20 tc mtg will be @4:30 EDT (-0400 GMT)

	steven moves to chg the mtg time as above
	rich seconds

	any obj?
	 none heard: motion passed

   hal: "everybody (voting) is here so there should not be any
	unexpected concerns to the time chg.

  Follow up on Martin Smith Project
   hal: martin sent emails this week w intent to send 4pg summary of
	 what the plan for the project will be.

	noted for future ref

III. Issues
  Progress to report on XSPA Profile?

    mohammad: no news to report, just debating where to start the
	work: vha does not want to lead the work on the issue
	of obl and needs participation from other parties,
	but don't want to take the lead: want to develop
	a vocabulary for obl in xspa use case (documented
	in that pc); basically want to stdize obl names
	based on hl7 stds.

	will report more as progress takes place.

  Projected availability of JSON Profile Update?

   david: working on wd16 taking into acct the ATT issues, and
	hoping to be done next week

   hal: new draft of json from ietf, which does not support some
	negative zero concept; core spec says need to support the
	"math doc" ref'd in core;

   david: wants to go along w whatever tc recommends

   hal: people do behavior of their library (xml, json); we should
	consider updating core to addr this:

	json rfc 7159

	ieee (and xmlschema) spec concerned w interop issues for
	 machines that have specific representations. in 2.0 timeframe
	 schema and ieee differed, but now they differ somewhat less.

  Plan for Bundle of New Profiles?
   newer profiles ipc, ec-us, map, json, rest, comb-alg, entities
   patrick sent out msg on one of them

	cs
	 ipc,
	 ec-us,
	 rest,

	cs vote taken today and will be sched for ballot
	 map,

	close to final form but not quite ready for cs yet, pub rev
	 json,
	 comb-alg,

	not ready just yet: steven will notify when avail for vote:
	 entities

	hal: can probably go ahead within month
	hal: any obj to doing all 6 above together?
	 none heard: that's the current plan

  Plan for refresh to Legacy Profiles?

   erik: 1 more to finish: will check x-ref, maybe within week before
	  next call

   hal: need to have people ready to attest to use of profiles
	 that is needed for OASIS Std.

   hal: any other items?

   steven: json profile: minus zero: are we dropping or retaining those values;
   hal: 7159 not listed negative zero; so we agreed to be consistent w however
	the "libraries" people use implement.
   steven: (NAN, infinity) representations, so can be json number or string.
	then can transfer w/o loss between json, xml.

	basic agreement that these non-value values (neg-0,NAN,inf) will
	 not be supported by the profile and xacml spec will be checked
	 and updated to be consistent w this.

    hal: late joiners?
	bill: is here

    hal: next mtg 4:30 EDT mar 20, 2014

	mtg adjourned 3:23 PM ET

--
Thanks, Rich

Oracle
Rich Levinson | Internet Standards Security Architect
Mobile: +1 978 5055017
Oracle Identity Management
45 Network Drive | Burlington, Massachusetts 01803

Green
            Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment