Subject: Groups - xacml-3.0-combalgs-v1.0-wd07.doc uploaded

Submitter's message
Updates based on the TAB comments in the public review.

-- Issue TAB-815: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-815
I updated the conformance section with text similar to that suggested by the TAB.

-- Issue TAB-814: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-814
I added a new section ?1.3 XACML Terminology? which references [XACML] for the definition of these terms.

-- Issue TAB-813: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-813
I added Policy and Policy Set to section 1.3 as well.

-- Issue TAB-812 : https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-812
I removed the empty non-normative references section.

-- Issue TAB-811: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-811
I corrected the formatting of the RFC reference.

-- Issue TAB-810: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-810
I made no changes, as was decided on the previous TC call. See the minutes here:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201403/msg00058.html

-- Issue TAB-809: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-809
The old conformance section had a table of algorithms, anticipating potentially more of them. Since there is only one for now, I rewrote the section and made it mandatory.

-- Issue TAB-808: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAB-808
I made no changes to the use of the term ?implementation?. I thought that the term ?implementation? is clear in the context of a standard. It is any piece of software which claims it provides the specified functionality. I don?t want to restrict it to the PDP only, as suggested by the TAB, because there are many other software components which may implement it in an XACML deployment, like for instance policy editing tools. I don?t want to put an arbitrary restriction on what innovative software the market may provide basis on this profile, so I am leaving it as just ?implementation?, although I rewrote the conformance section because of other TAB comments.

-- Erik Rissanen
Document Name: xacml-3.0-combalgs-v1.0-wd07.doc

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Erik Rissanen
Group: OASIS eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) TC
Folder: Specifications and Working Drafts
Date submitted: 2014-03-24 01:53:24