Subject: RE: [members] "Keyword Guidelines for OASIS Specifications and Standards" from the OASIS Technical Advisory Board is now available

I’ve added this to the Errata wiki:

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xacml/XacmlErrata

From: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xacml@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Sinnema, Remon
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:27 AM
To: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org

All,

Section 8 (FAQ), item 5 reads:

Is "MAY NOT" a keyword?

No, although there is an example of "MAY NOT" in an OASIS specification.

Note: When evaluating and, or, or n-of, it MAY NOT be necessary to attempt a full evaluation of each argument in order to determine whether the evaluation of the argument would result in "Indeterminate".

In a note, which is non-normative text, keywords should not appear. Instead of "MAY NOT," the text should read: "may not."

This is from the XACML Core spec, A.3.5, line 4259. I guess we should add this to the errata.

Thanks,

Ray