Subject: Minutes 17 April 2014 TC Meeting - UPDATE 2

Time: 4:30 EDT (-0400)
Tel: 513-241-0892
Access Code: 65998

Minutes for 17 April 2014 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
Voting Member
 Crystal Hayes
 Mohammad Jafari
 Steven Legg
 Hal Lockhart (Chair)
 Bill Parducci (Chair)
 Erik Rissanen
 Remon Sinnema
 Rich Levinson
 Richard Hill

Member
 David Brossard

| Voting Members: 9 of 10 (90%) (used for quorum calculation)

Approve Minutes:
 3 April 2014 TC Meeting
 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201404/msg00009.html

APPROVED unanimously.

II. Administrivia
MAP Profile voted Committee Specification
 (Announcement)

Keyword Guidelines for OASIS Specifications and Standards
 Hal: FYI for Authors

SAML v2.0 Profile WD-18 uploaded
 Erik: updated text based upon Steven's comments on Status Code.

Starter Document for ALFA, v1.0
 Hal: This is now available for review by the TC.

Profile Planning & Administration
 Administrative Profile
 status: outstanding debate

 SAML Profile - VOTE
  status: Ready to go forward. No substantiative changes. No Public Review needed.
  Erik:
    I move that the TC approve SAML 2.0 Profile of XACML, Version 2.0, Working Draft 18
    and any associated artifacts packaged together in:
    https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/52685/xacml-profile-saml2.0-v2.0-wd18.zip
    as a Committee Specification Draft, designate the ODT version of the document as
    authoritative and release for 15 day Public Review.
  Richard: I second
  VOTE: APPROVED unanimously
  ACTION: Chairs will submit to TC Admin.

 Privacy Profile - VOTE
  Erik:
   I move that the TC approve XACML v3.0 Privacy Policy Profile Version 1.0 WD-09 and
   any associated artifacts packaged together in:
|| https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/52453/xacml-3.0-privacy-v1.0-wd09.doc
   as a Committee Specification Draft, designate the DOC version of the document as
   authoritative and release for 15 day public review.
  Steven: I second
  VOTE: APPROVED unanimously
  ACTION: Chairs will submit to TC Admin

 RBAC Profile
  STATUS: under debate

 REST Profile
|  STATUS: Committee Specification, Attestations in place

 MAP Profile
  STATUS: Committee Specification, no Attestations

 IPC Profile
  STATUS: Committee Specification, no Attestations

 EC-US Profile
  STATUS: Committee Specification, Attestations in place

 JSON Profile
  STATUS: Final Working Draft under development

 DLP/NAC Profile
  STATUS: Under development

 Entity Profile
  STATUS: Editorial changes in process.

 Obligation Authority Profile
  STATUS: Editorial changes in process. Concept under review.

 Digital Signature
  STATUS: Ready to go forward. No substantiative changes. No Public Review needed.
  Erik:
   I move that the TC approve XACML v3.0 XML Digital Signature Profile Version 1.0,
   Working Draft 08 and any associated artifacts packaged together in:
   https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/52450/xacml-3.0-dsig-v1.0-wd08.doc
   as a Committee Specification Draft, designating the DOC version of the document
   as authoritative and not requiring Public Review as these changes are Non-Material
   in (as defined in the OASIS TC Process:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dNonmaterialChange)
  Richard: I second.
  VOTE: APPROVED unanimously
  ACTION: Chairs will submit to TC Admin.

 Multiple Resource Profile
  STATUS: Ready to go forward. No substantiative changes. No Public Review needed.
  Erik:
   I move that the TC approve XACML v3.0 Multiple Decision Profile Version 1.0,
   Working Draft 12 and any associated artifacts packaged together in:
   https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/52452/xacml-3.0-multiple-v1.0-wd12.doc
   as a Committee Specification Draft, designating the DOC version of the document
   as authoritative and not requiring Public Review as these changes are Non-Material
   in (as defined in the OASIS TC Process:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dNonmaterialChange)
  Richard: I second.
  VOTE: APPROVED unanimously
  ACTION: Chairs will submit to TC Admin

 Hierarchical Profile
  STATUS: Ready to go forward. No substantiative changes. No Public Review needed.
  Rich:
   I move that the TC approve XACML v3.0 Hierarchical Resource Profile Version 1.0,
   Working Draft 15 and any associated artifacts packaged together in:
   https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/52451/xacml-3.0-hierarchical-v1.0-wd15.doc
   as a Committee Specification Draft, designating the DOC version of the document
   as authoritative and not requiring Public Review as these changes are Non-Material
   in (as defined in the OASIS TC Process:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dNonmaterialChange)
  Steven: I second.
  VOTE: APPROVED unanimously
  ACTION: Chairs will submit to TC Admin

III. Issues
 RBAC Profile - Example is Out of Scope
  Steven:
   reviewed his concern regarding the example being out of scope
   of the Profile as well as an overview his assertion that Role
   enablement requires a futher elaboration.
  Erik:
   I don't agree with static/dynamic point re: time. I believe the
   intent was to describe stateful/dynamic attributes. However, I
   am fine with removing this. I have not had the time to review
   in detail.
  Hal:
   I agree with the suggestion that we need to review this further.
  Steven:
   Clarification: the second thread was not concernintg Attributes
  Erik:
   I was referring to the term "dynamic"/timing. It will be much
   easier to remove the timing attributes.

 JSON Profile - Abbreviated Category names
  David:
   JSON property names don't have hypens, but if we stick to the
   shortening convention that I proposed the hypens will remain.
   Hyphens keep things consistent, but they are not as easily
   accessed via a varietiy of code languages. There are some case
   issues as well.
  Hal:
   I am inclined to take the path of ease of use since that is the
   motivation for adopting JSON.
  Steven:
   The example given works with Javascript I am not sure if it applies
   to other lanuguages
  David:
   It should apply other languages as well.
  Mohammad:
   I vote also for ease of use. Let's get rid of the hypens.
  David:
   This only effects a few of the Attributes
  Steven:
   Capitlaizion effects everything?
  David:
   Yes. The hypen is the bigger issue. It sounds like the consensus is
   to remove the hyphens and introducing camel case words.
  Hal:
   Who else?
  Bill:
   I am in favor of ease use option.
  Richard:
   I am also in favor of ease of use.
  Mohammad:
   We should make this decision consistent going forward where
   JSON/Javascript are involved.
  Hal:
   It appears that David's proposal carries the consensus of the TC.
  David:
   OK, I will proceed with updating the Working Draft and post it.
  Steven:
   You are intending to have a leading capital letter?
  David:
   Yes.
  Hal:
   I believe this is called title case. Effectively remove hyphens?
  David:
   ...and capitalize each word. I will send out an example.

meeting adjourned.