Subject: Minutes for 29 May TC Meeting

Time: 4:30 EDT (-0400 GMT)
Tel: 513-241-0892
Access Code: 65998

Minutes for 29 May TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes

  Roll Call:

Richard Hill
Mohammad Jafari
Steven Legg
Rich Levinson
Hal Lockhart
Bill Parducci
Erik Rissanen
John Tolbert

Voting Members: 8 of 11 (72%) (used for quorum calculation)

	bill: we have quorum

  Approve Minutes:
   15 May 2014 TC Meeting
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00030.html

	hal: any objection to unanimous approval?
		none heard.
		minutes approved

	hal,rich: additional items added at end of section II
	 based on actions from prev mtg.

II. Administrivia

  David B's: slides from the OASIS workshop on privacy at the European Identity Conference 2014
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00029.html

     hal: jamie clark: pbrm? prst? chairs will take action what other tc's are
		doing and to see if anything xacml can support their activity.
		i.e. make sure policy forms work w xacml
		hal to follow up

  DSig Profile: Groups - xacml-3.0-dsig-v1.0-wd09.doc uploaded
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00033.html

	note: was passed but being redone based on Mohammad's comments

	erik: fixed typos; mostly white space issues; redline only
		chgs for this specific working draft;
	hal: where are we in process?
	      found notes: going directly to cs w no pub rev.

	erik: moves to make cs get ballot to cs and chgs not specific
		to substandce

	hal: do I have motion to move this profile to cs w no substantive chgs?
	motion passed.
 Erik:
    I move that the TC approve XACML v3.0 XML Digital Signature Profile Version 1.0,
    Working Draft 08 and any associated artifacts packaged together in:
    https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/52450/xacml-3.0-dsig-v1.0-wd08.doc
    as a Committee Specification Draft, designating the DOC version of the document
    as authoritative and not requiring Public Review as these changes are Non-Material
    (as defined in the OASIS TC Process:
	 http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dNonmaterialChange).
   Bill: I second.
   VOTE: APPROVED unanimously
   ACTION: Chairs will submit to TC Admin.

  RBAC Profile: Groups - xacml-3.0-rbac-v1.0-wd11.doc uploaded
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00035.html

	erik: thinks it needs public review
	hal: will take look at the details (see discussion below).

  3 Ballots to approve profiles as CS have passed:
   XACML v3.0 Multiple Decision Profile Version 1.0
   XACML v3.0 Hierarchical Resource Profile Version 1.0
   XACML v3.0 XML Digital Signature Profile Version 1.0
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00038.html

	note: below DSig profile re-opened:

  15-day Public Review for #XACML v3.0 Privacy Policy Profile Version 1.0 - ends June 6th
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00039.html
   more detail for tc:
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00040.html
   comments:
    mohammad:
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00041.html

	erik,hal: tc members should try to get comments in before
	 pub review, although tc members certainly can comment
	 during pub review. mentioned because comment was held,
	 waiting for pub rev, before submitting.

  15-day Public Review for JSON Profile of XACML 3.0 v1.0 - ends June 12th
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00042.html
   comments:
    mohammad:
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00044.html
    david (reply):
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00044.html
    steven:
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00046.html

 Actions from last mtg (added to original agenda):

  DLP-NAC (from prev mtg minutes):
   Hal:
    The most important consideration is that the syntax remains legal
    for the respective language.
   John:
 ->    We will try to clean this up and get it out by the next meeting
    or the one thereafter.

	hal: originally took action item to do this one. there was
	 typo in ip value fcn. will be fixed.
	network mask: will drop match if 2 addr in same subnet.
	bill: nothing for something in the middle to act on so there is
	 no point even a firewall not positioned to process.
	hal: ok w subranges and not try to do the subnet
	hal: mask?
	bill: no value in mask if we are doing range and ip addr.
	bill: don't accept the mask
	hal: ok
	hal: assuming hi and lo ip and hi and lo port; what syntax to
	 we want to specify range;
	bill: would defer to others. but not square bracket for ip range
	hal: port, port range, port range list:
		port range allows 4 options
	hal: added list w commas to port range;

	hal: what about square brackets on ip addr?
	bill: was not used; proposal was they are explicit,
		extended by dash or enumerated by comma.
	hal: lo-ip-addr - hi-ip-addr, next one, ...
	hal: also ipv6 has considerations.
	bill: ip-addr lower and upper are "inclusive"
	hal: bottom line: drop ip match fcn, but leave others
	hal: will get to it before next call

	john: obligations for logging: don't want to say "what" will be
	 logged, but in more qualitative sense describe the kinds of
	 logging that might be available.

	john and hal to work out parallel non-overlapping chgs each are
	 making to spec

  Specification of Role Enablement (from prev mtg minutes)
   Hal:
 ->    I will respond to Steven's post to the list. There is a global
    constraint that there is an agreemtn author and what the PEP is
    enforcing. It is desriable for policy to be consistent (behavior
    couched in properties, independet of implementation). Realistically
    this is not possible with all architectures. I will expand on this on
    the list.

	hal: still needs to put his comments to steven's discussion together

  REST Profile (from prev mtg minutes)
    Remon:
 ->      I will make a new Working Draft.

	hal: status of rest itself

	hal: voted to CS a year ago.
	erik: conformance section was not normative
	hal: ok, that needs to be addressed.

	hal: ray's naming scheme? discuss below

III. Issues

  Profile naming (issue originally assoc w saml profile)
   ray:
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00031.html
   original issue:
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00015.html
   david:
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00032.html
   erik:
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00034.html
   bill:
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201405/msg00036.html

	hal: issue on table is saml profile, but there are other profiles
	 as well.

	hal: after discussion, we will go w Erik's proposal:
		"XACML SAML Profile Version 2.0"
	      from erik's email above.
	rich: so this means: XACML (any version) SAML (any version)
		and the "Version 2.0" refers to the version of the
		profile document.
	erik: some profiles are not specific to xacml core version
	hal: oasis naming conventions have evolved, so decisions made
	 on earlier documents nay not be "legal" w the current rules,
	 but we are not planning to go back and change things.

   meeting adjourned ~5:30 EDT

--
Thanks, Rich

Oracle
Rich Levinson | Internet Standards Security Architect
Mobile: +1 978 5055017
Oracle Identity Management
45 Network Drive | Burlington, Massachusetts 01803

Green
            Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment