Subject: Minutes 19 February 2015 TC meeting - DRAFT

  Voting Members: 6 of 10 (60%)
  Bill: We have quorum

 Approve Minutes 5 February 2015:
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201501/msg00020.html
   APPROVED unanimously

II. Administrivia
  Call for Agenda Change
   John:
    I have a couple issues I would like to discuss today about potential
    Profiles.
  Hal:
    Noted

  Next Steps
   Hal:
    We have a number of docs that are at Committee Specification level now. The
    next step is to begin collecting Statements of Use. Does anyone need help
    with vergbiage?
   John:
    That would be helpful.
   Hal:
    I will post some draft wording and post it to the list. Hopefully we will
    get the rolling in the next month or so.
   Hal:
    There are a number of Profiles that still require some work to get to the
    next level; everyone is encouraged to take back up those that are of
    interest.

III.
  Attribute Boundaries
   John:
    Some of are presenting at EIC re: Oasis standards such as XACML. Given the
    multi-national nature of the EU Would it be possible for us to create a
    possible to create a Profile that would not require attributes across
    borders. Perhaps send a Subject and Policy.
   Richard:
    This is a good idea. I ahve seen it be done, e;g; in cases where you want to
    see the export control status of something without the clearance to see the
    attributes.
   Hal:
    The Admin Profile in conjunction with SAML 3.0 can address this. It was not
    a primary Use Case, but it could be used for this purpose. This may be a
    very unique case in that only 1 party has access to the attributes, but the
    Policy is accessible to both.
   John:
    Using the Admin Profile is an interesting idea. I will explore that.
   Bill:
    It may be possible with a modest number of Policies to infer data on the
   "hidden" side, leading to an exploit.

  Time Limited Decisions
   John:
    What are the TC's thoughts on a response that is time limited?
   Hal:
    There are abilities to define access by time, but there is no mechanism in
    XACML for a duration per se. The SAML 2.0 wrapper may be used to handle
    attribute manipulation however.
   Bill:
    John, is human driven web usage the Use Case you are thinking of here?
   John:
    Basically, yes.
   Hal:
    XACML is typically more general than this.
   John:
    Could this be handled with an Obligation?
   Hal:
    Yes, but it's specificity makes it generally non-standard.
   Bill:
    I am curious as to the best way to address the reiterative nature of a human
    driven website where reauth/Z is specified with a time constraint attribute.
    This seems like what John is trying to address.
   John: Yes, that is a Use Case for this.
   Hal:
    This is a common situation that can be highly contextual based upon company,
    etc. If we can figure out a way to address it would be interesting to
    explore.
   John:
    I will explore the existing Profiles and am happy to receive input from
    anyone who has seen implementations, attempted to solve this.

  New TC
   John:
    I have been working with a number of people on the adoption of US Federal
    Identity Credentialing and Access Management (FICAM). We are considering
    setting up a TC that would work on interoperablity of FICAM implementations.
    I think will have a lot of cross-pollination with XACML and SAML.
   Hal:
    I am sure there will be interest/feedback once this begins to materialize.

meeting adjourned.