Subject: Minutes 17 September 2015 TC Meeting

Minutes of XACML TC Meeting 17 September 2015

I. Roll Call
  Attendees
   Crystal Hayes
   Richard Hill
   Mohammad Jafari
   Steven Legg
   Rich Levinson
   Remon Sinnema
   Martin Smith
   John Tolbert
   Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
   Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)

  Quorum achieved (100% per Kavi)

  Approval of Minutes
   Vote on approval of 3 September 2015 TC meeting minutes
   APPROVED: UNANIMOUS CONSENT

II. Administrivia
  XACML v3.0 Related and Nested Entities Profile Version 1.0
   Hal:
    30-day Public Review should close by 22nd.
   Bill:
    No comments have been posted to date.

  Bi-annual for Daylights Savings
   Hal:
    I will post proposoial to the list based upon pervious year's approach. TC
    can comment as necessary.

III. Issues
  Proposed areas of exploration (Steven)
   Steven:
    So far, Martin has expressed interest in Separation of Duties. My personal
    preference is to something around Dynamic Attribute Authority. Still
    gathering interest by others.
   Mohammad:
    There was mention of a Profile for Redaction. This is something that VHA
    would be very interested.
   Martin:
    Is what intended to be taken out defined as a separately addressable
    component?
   Mohammad:
    Yes. You need a quantum unit to identify.
   Hal:
    On a general level, a number of these Use Cases will need to define the
    scope of where the solution will be applicable, including definitions of
    exclusion.
   Steven:
    There is commonality across architectures here but they are fundamentally
    independent solutions.
   John:
    I support all 3 ideas presented by Steven, and in general, Profiles that
    protect things in new and different ways.
   Hal:
    Does anyone wish to make comments re: postings to list?

  Trust Elevation
   John:
    They have a new Working Draft out. I am trying to put something together
    discussing how XACML/SAML solution could be formulated to address this. Any
    input is welcome.
   Hal:
    I'd be happy to help. I made a presentation on this earlier and may have
    some slides available to contribute.

meeting adjourned.