Subject: Minutes 12 May 2016 TC Meeting

Time: 4:30 PM EST (-0400 GMT)
Tel: 1-712-775-7031
Access Code: 620-103-760

Minutes for 12 May 2016 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
 Attendance
  Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
  Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)
  Rich Levinson
  Steven Legg
  Martin Smith

  Quorum: YES. 5 of 9 (59%) per Oasis site

 Approve Minutes 14 April 2016 (updated)
  APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY

 Approve Minutes 28 April 2016 (updated)
  APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY

II. Administrivia
 IDESG Standards Registry
  Martin: [reviewed his proposal for submission on the list]
   This is an "approved use" registry. SAML previously has been submitted I
   believe. The form is attached to the post to the list.
  Hal:
   Is there any opposition by the TC?
   (None raised.)
   Do we have latest state on JSON Profile?
  Bill:
   It is CS. Announced 1/14/15
  Hal:
   I am sure we have at least 3 Uses now. We should look at moving this forward
   to specification. Also, what Profiles should we propose? All?
  Martin:
   I am going to find out if each Profile requires a separate submission and if
   full standard vs Committee Specification status are required.
  Steven:
   Does IDESG do work on vocabularies?
  Martin:
   Semantic interoperability? Not as such. There has been recognition of this
   as an overall issues, but it creeps around the edges as "mini-vocubularies".
   I will take the Action Item of taking the first cut at the form.

 Possible typos in XACML 3.0 Core specification
  Hal:
   This was dealt with on the list.

III. Issues
 Big Data
  Hal:
   This was also dealt with on the list.
  Martin:
   How does access control fit into blockchain?
  Hal:
   I am not sure that it does, perhaps for the registry.

 Errata
  Hal:
   When dropped SubjectCatergory attribute in v3 and this should be removed
   from the list that it is (please verify). The second issue raised on the
   list ("the" condition) should be worded to account for multiple Rules.
   The list posting offers a solution. The TC needs to determine the proper
   resolution. On that note, we now have enough now errata to publish an
   Errata document. If anyone wishes to be the Editor for the 7 or so errata
   that have been defined. Please contact the Chairs or post interest to the
   list.
  Steven:
   If the Policy evaluates to N/A it doesn't go on the list, otherwise it
   does.
  Hal:
   Can you generate an email describing this in more detail?

meeting adjourned.