Subject: Re: [xacml] Standardization Status of Documents

Hal-- I think your message below is what you mentioned in last call's discussion of which profiles we might want to submit for the IDESG Standards Registry.

I'll put together a draft IDESG Nomination form bundling these together (but separately from the core v3 spec draft nomination I posted.)

Recall that (at least according to Jamie, who is very familiar with the IDESG processes) OASIS Committee Specs should be eligible for the IDESG Standards Registry. But of course it can't hurt to have a Profile on track to OASIS Standard.

And I do agree that it would be good to affirm implementations for JSON and REST (and SAML..?) One of the IDESG eval points is "interoperability" and being able to say XACML works with JSON and REST would be a talking point on that issue.

So, are you thinking we should all the Profiles below in the nomination form for IDESG?  If not, can anyone suggest a "most relevant/important/active" subset?

MAP
IPC
EC-US
XSPA
SAML
Signature
DLP/NAC
Hierarchical Resource
Multiple Decision
REST
JSON
Additional Combining Algs.
Privacy
RBAC

Also another request for help. Given the available space on the Nomination Form and the limited review bandwidth available to the IDESG SCC, it would be GREAT to have 1-line bullets expressing the relevance/importance/target-use-case of each of the Profiles we include. (I can try to extract this myself from the Profile introductions, but I expect the authors of each Profile could summarize theirs better.)

Thanks,

Martin