Subject: [xacml] Minutes for 18 August 2016 TC Meeting - updated

Time: 4:30 PM EDT (-0400 GMT)
Tel: 1-712-775-7031
Access Code: 620-103-760

Minutes for 18 August 2016 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes

Voting Members: 5 of 5 (100%) (used for quorum calculation)

Steven Legg	Voting Member
Rich Levinson	Secretary
Hal Lockhart	Chair
Bill Parducci	Chair
Martin Smith	Voting Member

Richard Hill	Member

   bill: we have quorum
      martin: agenda for fed for nist

  Approve Minutes  4 August 2016
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201608/msg00005.html

    hal: no objections to unan consent: minutes approved

II. Administrivia

  Standardization Status of Documents (IDESG)

   martin: paul grassi of nist subc cochair: positive of xacml because it
            reinforced idea idsg authorization, not just authentication;
	  next step find a volunteer to do assessment for nomination, and
	   provide report back to committee, and if approved, then would
	   go to idsg privacy committee; then up to the top
  	we can volunteer to be an assessor; getting est of time commitment
	 as long as relation of assessor to xacml is specified, then as long
	 as is disclosed

	hal: members should feel free to volunteer, assuming there is time

   motion from last mtg to approve list at this mtg:

    martin: I move that the TC vote to approve
             the documents posted to the TC list to the IDSG meeting
              in two weeks.
    hal:  We attempted to collect the most commonly adopted Profiles.
    VOTE:  // from last mtg:
      Approved unanimously to take an official vote at today's mtg (8/18/16).

    hal: does it still make sense for us to approve the submission to idesg?
      no objections to submitting

	martin moves to submit the nomination documents that have been submitted to the tc
	 to IDESG:

	 in 2 separate "IDESG Standards Adoption Form" documents
	  Standard name: "eXtensible Access Control Markup Language Version 3.0 (Core specification)"
	  Standard name: "eXtensible Access Control Markup Language Version 3.0 (Selected Profiles)"
	   that are attached to:
	    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201608/msg00000.html

	bill seconds

	hal: questions? none

	hal: objections?

	hal: no objections; motion carries

III. Issues Errata

   Errata status
    Proposed Errata relating to <PolicyIdentifierList>
     discussed @ prev mtg: email contains details:
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201608/msg00004.html

   Action from last mtg that hal gave to members:
    "... everyone please take a look and weigh in. It is in the wiki so
      that we can make that the authoritative version."

     https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xacml/XacmlErrata

   richard: has not been able to make updates, will resume in couple of weeks
   hal: actual approval process of errata is same as committee spec;
         some tc's approve item by item; we have small number; we will
	 assume people have looked at them

   steven: policy identifier list: identifier in std is "Policies";
	   suggest specifying both "policy" and "policyset"
   hal: historically, because of inheritance we called all "policies", but
	there are cases where specifically disambiguated, proposes same
	for this item: distinguish

   martin: what about policy results that are contributed;
   hal: only occurs in full set of policies and attributes; can reflect back
	so whole can be under signature; potentially 2 pdps might evaluate
	different policies based on different orders;
	 can get different obligations and advice;
	"policy package" is full set, subset may contribute to decision
	the list contains "all the policies that matter", not which ones
	 need to be evaluated for a particular request.

   hal: need to resolve approval of prev minutes (7/23) based on martin's
	comments,
        rich has sent out update w Martin's suggestions included
	https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201608/msg00010.html