Subject: Publicizing XACML & ABAC

Hi,

To follow up on today's call, here is what I have been doing to spread the good word on ABAC and XACML.

I've also been monitoring authorization-related questions on Stackoverflow as well as other Stack Exchange sites e.g. https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com and https://security.stackexchange.com

There is still a long way to go. Most developers do not know how to implement authorization. At best they have heard of RBAC but often they'll try to implement it themselves rather than use a library.

There are a few things we could do:
  1. Continue increasing the knowledge base on ABAC online (pretty much what I have been doing)
  2. Collaborate with other entities e.g. OWASP, NIST, OASIS (the relevant TCs), other standards bodies e.g. SCIM, OAuth2... We could deliver a cheat sheet for OWASP.
  3. Take part in another XACML interop? Be at another security conference?
What else?

Thanks,
David.