Subject: Re: [xcbf] XCBF spec voting

I agree with Karl that the remaining ten XCBF TC roster companies must vote
before the deadline.
I think that all  the 13 TC roster companies must vote Yes.

John Messing had indicated to me today that he will vote for Ameri.Bar
Asso. by 8/31.
I did contacted several days ago and asked Michael Weiner to vote yes, he
is my company (IBM) voting rep, right Karl?
Can all of you, please, please, ask your company rep to do the same?

Best regards,
Tyky Aichelen
OASIS XML Common Biometric Format  TC Chair

                      "Karl F. Best"
                      <karl.best@oasis-        To:       xcbf@lists.oasis-open.org
                      open.org>                cc:       Tyky Aichelen/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS, Jamie Clark
                                                <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>
                      08/28/2003 11:20         Subject:  [xcbf] XCBF spec voting
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      karl.best

XCBF TC members:

As of right now, the XCBF spec only has 21 votes of the 33 necessary to
become an OASIS Standard.

I note that only the following companies represented on the TC roster
have voted:

- LA County
- Objective Systems
- OSS Nokalva

The following companies represented on the TC roster *have not* yet voted:

- American Bar Assoc
- Bank of America
- BEA
- Booz Allen
- IBM
- KPMG
- Lockheed Martin
- Microsoft
- MTG Mgmt
- RSA Security

You're lacking 12 votes, and ten of those seem to be lacking from the TC
membership. (I can't say much for a spec that doesn't even get votes
from its own TC.)

Please contact your company's voting rep and make sure that a ballot is
cast before the deadline Sunday evening.

-Karl