xdi message

Subject: New "Resource Representation" W3C Working Draft

Lets you attach a representation of a resource including metadata (ie a base64 encoded image, or a purchase order, or whatever) as a SOAP header.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-soap12-rep-20040428/

The idea (I think) is that the soap *body* would contain a message referring to a resource, and this new spec allows one to insert a representation of the resource (ie the content) in the header so that the recipient of the message (for example) wouldn't have to separately fetch the resource representation.

I'm not totally clear on the motivation (I inferred the use case above), but maybe it might spark some thinking in the area of how XDI is "bound" to SOAP...

	-Gabe

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards
Visa International
Phone: +1.650.432.3696   Fax: +1.650.554.6817