xdi message

Subject: Connecting to the XDI editor chat

Step 1: Either use your preferred Jabber capable chat client, or
download Exodus from

http://www.jabberstudio.org/projects/exodus/releases/view.php?id=433

and install it.

Step 2:
Configure your chat client to create a new account with a user name the
same as your wiki name (ex: BillBarnhill), a host of xmlsolutions.org, a
port of 5222 (it's the default Jabber port).

For Exodus this involves:
a. Pressing F9 to get login dialog
b. Pressing Details button on the right of the dialog to edit the
settings for the default profile
c. Setting the user name to your wiki name
d. Setting the server to xmlsolutions.org
e. Setting the resource to exodus
f. Setting a password
g. Clicking save password and this is a new account so both are checked
h. Clicking ok to close default profile settings
i. Clicking ok to login with those settings

Step 3: Join the xdi chat room
For Exodus this involves:
a. Press F7
b. Click Browse servers for a room to join so it is selected
c. Click Next button
d. Click xdi so it is highlighted
e. Click the Finish button

Step 4: Chat :)

If anyone has problems, feel free to either email or call me direct on
315-491-6765 and we can work out the difficulties.

Thanks,

Bill