xdi message

Subject: Re: RE: [xdi] Groups - draft-xdi-metaschema-v7.xsd uploaded

Drummond,

I know the feeling..things are crazy on my end trying to get a demo
together, with major feature requirements added 2 weeks before the demo.

> 1) WRT extensibility, it was a conscious decision to make the
> "Data" element...

No problem, I thought that it might be to keep the resource branch clean
and some of the extensibility can be had by using other namespaces in
the data elements of a resources child resources.

> 2) WRT a more generic container for XRIs, I can see both
> approaches. Most of
> the benefits you describe can be provided without modifying the v7
> metaschema by defining an "$xri" resource in the XDI service

Hmm, have to think more on this but it definitely looks more elegant
than my solution, and possibly more extensible so my gut reaction is
that I like it. Only worry is that we should IMHO keep specxial XCRIs
few in number or even better establish the following for $ xris
 .. Registry or concreate mechanism for maintaining separateness
 .. Documented process for registry operation
 .. Authority that manages registry
The authority will probably be xdi.org, but not sure on process.
Btw, I am meeting with a higher up today and one of the topics will be
getting Booz Allen to sponsor xdi.org.

> I trust with your new baby you're not going to be at Digital ID
> World next
> week, but will you be able to join one of the two f2f sessions via
> telecon?It would be great as I'm sure we'll be discussing this in
> depth.

I will try, I'm actually on travel myself giving a demo for the client,
but if I can get away during the times I will. Our baby is still in the
NICU, though I still hate leaving Jen right now even for a couple days.
We expected Caitlynn would still be on the way by the time the demo
finished, so this is another fallout from the premie surprise. Caitlynn
and Jen are doing great though, so I'm counting my blessings. Caitlynn's
up to 3 lbs 12 oz, so still very small, but is healthy.

I'll lookup the F2F telecon times from the list and see if I can get
internet from our hotel (I doubt it, for some reason they've booked us
in some no-name hotel), or possibly from the conference center. Failing
that I can try the cell again.

Best regards,

Bill