xdi message

Subject: Apology

Although this may be overkill, due to the amount of activity my mistake caused I want to be explicit and specific:

My posting a document with a privacy statement was a mistake, in the snap decision to share an incomplete, working draft of a document because I though it might help the TC move forward I failed to take into account the IPR implications of the privacy statement. I simply didn't think about it. This was in no way an effort to subvert the IPR policies of the TC or OASIS, it was an oversight. I understand that this is an important issue and that these thing must be clean and clear. I apologize for my oversight and I apologize if my initial response to having the oversight pointed out was slow or overly flippant; in my ignorance and naïveté (I'm very new to the standards thing) I didn't understand what a big deal it was. Upon reflection I understand the implications of any ambiguity in the IPR chain and realize the gravity of my mistake.

Believe me.... I will not make this mistake again :-)

Sincerely,

Andy Dale
ooTao

Phone: 877-213-7935
Fax: 877-213-7935

i-name: =Andy.Dale
http://public.xdi.org/=andy.dale

If you don't have your iName yet use this link:

  http://2idi.com/registrar/index.html?referral_code=ootao