xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2008-04-17

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 17 April 2008 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:00PM Pacific Time

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 3526

ATTENDING

Giovanni Bartolomeo
Bill Barnhill
Kermit Snelson
Markus Sabadello
Drummond Reed
John Bradley

REGRETS

Victor Grey

1) UPDATE ON XRI 2.0

Drummond reported that everything is on track for an OASIS Standard vote on
XRI 2.0 in May. There will also be an XRI 2.0 webinar at 11AM ET on Tuesday,
May 6.

2) UPDATE ON CHARTER CLARIFICATION AND CO-CHAIR TRANSITION

# DRUMMOND to complete the paperwork and start the vote on both of these as
early next week as possible.

3) XDI QUERY FORM DISCUSSION

We continued the discussion about XDI query formats that has been on the
List. We started by looking at Markus Sabadello's new XDI Querier
demonstration:

	http://graceland.parityinc.net/xdi-querier/XDIQuerier

* Bill pointed out that the W3C Data Access Working Group had a suite of
test cases that would give us a good way to exercise the proposed XDI query
interface.

	http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/

* Giovanni agreed. He pointed out that SPARQL is more SQL oriented, but if
that we could translate all SPARQL queries into XDI queries, that would be a
very good test.

* Giovanni also reminded us that we had agreed that we could us $$ to
represent a variable, e.g., $$1 for a specific variable, and $$ for an
unbound variable. There was consensus that we should do this, so Markus will
switch over the XDI Querier code to use that approach.

* We also discussed variable definitions and how to do it cleanly (i.e.,
clear separation of the variable as an XDI subject and the definition of the
variable as predicate/object). It appear cross-references are the best
approach -- Markus will test this out.

4) UPCOMING MEETING OPPORTUNITIES

We reviewed the following opportunities for some of us to meet F2F over the
next month:

* Data Sharing Summit, April 18-19, San Francisco, CA (Drummond, Victor,
Kermit)
* OASIS Symposium, April 31-May 2, Santa Clara, CA (Bill, Drummond)
* Internet Identity Workshop + Data Sharing Workshop + XDI TC F2F, May
12-16, Mountain View, CA

5) TECHNICAL TOPICS FOR NEXT CALL

* Giovanni suggested further discussion of the email thread on XDI
dictionaries and XDI reasoners.

# DRUMMOND to schedule this for next week's telecon.